It’s a question we’re asked regularly – so we thought we’d provide more information about cotton, to help you understand why we chose to use it in our products:
- Cotton is hypoallergenic; it doesn’t irritate sensitive skin or cause allergies. Synthetic products can increase the risk of aggravating eczema and cause skin irritation.
- Cotton keeps the body cool in summer and warm in winter because it is a good conductor of heat
- Cotton is very versatile – it can be blended, coated, finished, is dry cleanable, and machine washable
- Cotton’s softness makes it a universally preferred fabric for underwear and other garments or accessories that come into contact with the skin.
- Cotton has a high absorbency rate and at saturation point can hold up to 27 times its own weight in water.
- Cotton actually becomes stronger when wet.
- Cotton breathes easily as a result of its unique fibre structure. This helps make cotton more comfortable to wear than artificial fibres unable to provide similar ventilation.
- Unlike synthetic fibres, cotton is a natural product and contains no chemicals.